The project activities implementation was within the National Biodiversity Monitoring System (NBMS) to the ExEA and targeted 52 fish species. The main activities were:
- Elaboration of monitoring and assessment methodologies for the target species
- Modelling the potential habitats of the target species
- Selection of monitoring sites
- Field surveys
- Filling in data in the Information System to the National Biodiversity Monitoring System
- Assessment of the conservation status of the target species
More than 25 ichthyofauna experts were involved in the project implementation.