Fortis Visio and its partners the Institute of Biodiversity and Ecosystem Research at the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences (BAS) and the National Museum of Natural History at the BAS were chosen to implement “Selection of Natura Consultant” public tender under DIR5113325-12-109 “Central Balkan – a park for all” project.
The Natura Consultant will support the Central Balkan National Park Directorate (CBNPD) by elaboration of technical specifications for the implementation of project activities of conservation, maintenance and rehabilitation of species and natural habitats in the Park.
- The activities to be implemented are as follows:
- Conservation, maintenance and rehabilitation of species
- Rehabilitation, conservation and maintenance of natural habitats
- Removal of old and barren infrastructure
- Elaboration of a plan for the management of use of roads in the park
- Elaboration of Strategic Guidelines for Development of Security and Control in the park
- Identification of the necessary specialized equipment and equipment for conservation, maintenance and / or rehabilitation of natural habitats and species
- Elaboration of Strategic Guidelines for conservation, maintenance and rehabilitation of favorable status of natural habitats in 11 model territories in the treeless zone (Pilot project)
- Forest inventory
- Evaluating the state of environmental components.
DIR5113325-12-109 “Central Balkan – a park for all” project is financed by “Environment 2007 – 2013” operational program.